Friday, November 6, 2009

Mountain Dew Dumplings

When I first heard of making apple dumplings with Mountain Dew, I was appalled. I read the ingredient list and was disgusted. Then I read some reviews and was intrigued. So, I tried it and it was a great success! Please don't try to figure out calories, fat grams, etc. These dumplings are NOT good for you. Ah... but the taste! I'm pretty sure I can justify eating these once in awhile. The kids were able to do most everything by themselves, except peeling and cutting the apples, so that's even better!

Here is the link to the recipe from allrecipes.com. The only thing I did differently was use half the amount of sugar. My teeth hurt just thinking about it.

The ingredients are so crazy! Two sticks of butter.

Roll the apples up in the crescent rolls.

Pour the Mountain Dew over the top before baking.


What's an apple dumpling without ice cream?


1 comment:

Amy said...

those look really good... :)