It is rare for me to find a recipe that everyone willingly eats, is super easy to make, and also extremely affordable. This is it! I never would have imagined making chicken in the crock pot this way before, but of course Stephanie O'Dea did... You can find her recipe and comments
here. I am going to also give you the recipe as it is in her cookbook, because it is slightly different.
"Fried Chicken"Cooking spray
1 T. seasoned salt
1 T. Italian seasoning
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder (my addition... not in original recipe)
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 c. flour (I have also used Bisquick instead)
18 drumsticks
4 T. butter, melted

Mix all the spices in a large bag and shake the chicken in it, coating each piece.

Dump it all in the crock pot and drizzle the melted butter on top.

Cook for 8-10 hrs. on low or 6 hrs. on high. I only used six drumsticks, so mine was done in a shorter amount of time. You'll be surprised how the chicken stays moist and even gets a little crunchy on the sides.
No comments:
Post a Comment