
Can words express the deliciousness of a caramel apple cake? I think not. I got both recipes from allrecipes.com, which is an awesome website when you are looking for pretty much any recipe. I love reading all the reviews!
You can find and print the recipe for the apple cake
here.

This is what mine looked like after it was done baking. I used a bundt pan because I felt like it, but next time I'll probably use a 13x9. If you do use a bundt pan, bake it at 325 because it takes considerably longer and you don't want it to burn. I also added a little nutmeg and omitted the walnuts. Of course this cake needs some frosting, right?
Caramel Frosting is definitely the right match for this cake.

Make sure you use a wooden or silicone utensil when stirring this... I once melted down a whole cheap plastic-like spoon stirring caramel. It was funny at the time, really! I looked in the pan and saw all these white bits and wondered what was happening... then I noticed my spoon was getting smaller and smaller...

A little slice of heaven. We could barely wait to try it. I insisted we eat some dinner first, so I threw together a quick meal.
I cooked some wheel pasta, tossed it with Alfredo sauce from a jar, added leftover ham, green beans and some Parmesan cheese. Sometimes you just can't make things from scratch in a hurry! BTW, two pieces of cake went "missing" before dinner anyway. They (uh, we...) couldn't even wait seven minutes before digging in. It's just that good!
No comments:
Post a Comment