Sunday, January 18, 2009

Rotisserie-Style Chicken and Strawberry Shortcake

From one of my favorite blogs comes this great crock pot recipe for Rotisserie-Style Chicken. This is a picture of my raw chicken (actually, just a chicken breast) atop a bed of foil-wrapped potatoes. If you are not a fan of foil, I'm sure you could just cut up some potatoes and put them on the bottom. I was really happy with the way it turned out, and I'll be doing this again soon. Here is the recipe... Rotisserie-Style Chicken


For dessert we had this strawberry shortcake from Kraftfoods.com. If you haven't subscribed to their Food and Family magazine, you should sign up! It's free and has some great ideas. Of course all of their recipes are also on the website, along with reviews, so you can always check it out there. You will notice that my picture looks NOTHING like the one on the Kraft site... I thought the shortcake was done, but I apparently took it out of the oven too early. It was raw in the middle, so I threw it out and baked another one. I went to slice it in half and discovered it was not quite done either. SOOOOOOOOO, I put it back in the oven and to make a long story short, one half then got burnt. Whatever. I had a one-layer cake and no one really cared.

Simply Sensational Strawberry Shortcake

No comments: