I've been wanting to try this recipe for a while, but it has taken quite some time to acquire the four "overripe" bananas in the freezer. So I settled for three and gave it a go.
Banana-Raspberry Bread
- 2 c. flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 large overripe bananas
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. fresh or frozen raspberries (don't thaw)
There is oil in this picture, but it isn't supposed to be there. I was happy though that this seems to be a healthier recipe than I thought.
Preheat the oven to 350. Coat a bread pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the milk, egg and vanilla. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined. Fold in the raspberries. Pour into the pan and bake for about an hour. I ended up covering mine with foil after 30 minutes or so because it was starting to brown.

No comments:
Post a Comment