Monday, November 10, 2008

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Trial

I tried to make pumpkin whoopie pies today, and they were pretty successful, except for the filling, which was a little runny. I tried to combine a cream cheese frosting recipe with a whoopie pie filling recipe, but it didn't work as planned. It still tasted good though, and after being in the fridge for awhile, the filling does harden a little, but not like a traditional whoopie. The pumpkin part is really good, and can just be eaten as cookies really.

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (the easy way) *this is my recipe*
  • 1 spice cake mix
  • 1 can pumpkin
  • 1/3 c. oil
  • 1/4 c. water
  • 2 eggs

Mix everything together like it tells you on the back of the box. Scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 9 minutes at 350. (I hate washing cooling racks, so I generally try not to use them.) This recipe will make 22 whoopies.


Cream cheese filling (a little runny, but tasty)
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 c. butter, softened
  • 2 c. fluff
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 to 3 (or more) c. confectioners' sugar

Beat everything together until it is thickened, adding more sugar as necessary.


Next, fill all the Whoopie pies with a generous scoop of filling. Lick fingers. Repeat. There is more filling than you need, so I put the rest in the freezer.

A little messy, but very tasty.

I always individually wrap my Whoopie Pies and put in fridge or freezer.


No comments: