Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Saucy Porkchops


Saucy Porkchops
  • 4-6 porkchops
  • 2 T butter or oil
  • 2 c. applesauce (I used homemade but any will do)
  • 2 T. soy sauce (use low sodium if possible)
  • 1/2 t. ginger (you can use fresh too, but I forgot I had some in the freezer)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced

Mix applesauce, soy sauce, ginger and garlic together. Dump in a greased 13x9 pan. Brown pork chops in the butter or oil and place on top of the sauce. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Verdict: This is an easy recipe to put together and I've been making it for years, but this might be the last time for awhile. My 1 year-old ate one carrot. My 4 year-old refused to come to the table to eat "apple pie chicken" and when she did, she ate one bite of pork and a few grains of rice and then spit everything out. Then she had a temper tantrum in front of the pantry door. However, she then fell asleep on the couch, so it might not have been that the food was that bad... My husband and I both really liked the pork chops and are finding it easier to block out the screaming children.

No comments: