Friday, November 21, 2008

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

I got this recipe in college from my roommate who said they tasted like the biscuits you get at Red Lobster. I wouldn't know because I don't eat there. However, they are really good, quick to make, and no fancy ingredients required!

Cheddar Bay Biscuits
  • 2 c. Bisquick (I used the reduced fat)
  • 1/2 c. COLD water
  • 3/4 c. grated cheddar (or monterey jack, or any kind of cheese really)
  • 1/4 c. butter
  • 1 tsp. parsley
  • 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning (I didn't have any, so I used basil and oregano)
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced)

Mix together the Bisquick and cheese. Add the water and mix well. Form into biscuits using your hands and drop onto a cookie sheet (I have great success with my Pampered Chef bar pan). Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly browned and cooked through (nothing like a gummy, raw biscuit). One recipe makes about 10 or 12 biscuits depending on how big you want them.

While the biscuits are baking, in a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, parsley and Italian seasoning. Microwave until the butter is melted. Mix really well and spoon or brush over the hot biscuits as soon as they come out of the oven. YUM. I won't even mention who will eat them and who will not in my household. I'm sure you know the answer.

1 comment:

Jules. said...

FYI I am going to try these tonight with my potato soup!!