Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cheeseburger soup in bread bowls

I'm not really sure anything could be worse for you, but it definitely tastes good. I got these bread bowls a few weeks ago and popped them in the freezer until inspiration struck. The first thing I thought of was chili, but the kids would definitely not eat that...

Anyway, here is the bowl of deliciousness. All I did was to use my previous recipe for Potato Cheese Soup, which is found here. I hope these links are working because I have no idea what I'm doing and no one is telling me otherwise. Anyway, first I browned about one pound of ground beef with one clove of garlic and some Worcestershire, drained it and set it aside for later. I proceeded with the Potato Cheese Soup recipe, only substituting beef stock and shredding the potatoes for something different. I added the beef back in when the soup was just about done.


I got the bread bowls ready by buttering the tops and the bottoms and popping them in the oven for 20 minutes or so while preparing the soup. Top with some cheese for extra melty-goodness. Deliciousness. Oh, and the kids wouldn't eat it anyway.


No comments: