Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Super" Cute Football Brownies

I'm not going to lie... I am not a fan of football in any sense. However, my husband thinks Superbowl Sunday is almost better than Christmas. I told him to go to work for the Superbowl and throw a huge party. Then I can stay home and watch something else and have fun food with the kids. Click here for a great recipe straight from Betty Crocker that is perfect for the Superbowl!

Here are a few tips... I didn't have a cookie cutter, but did manage to bend a small can to make it into a relatively ok football shape. I lined the pan with regular foil, then stuck a sheet of Release foil in the bottom. Then I greased it all up with Crisco. In order to spread the frosting without getting clumps of brownie (which happened) I microwaved the whole frosting can for 30 seconds or so. Oh, and let the chocolate harden a little bit before piping on the white frosting. Yum. I was able to get 10 footballs out of one recipe, but they are pretty big.

No comments: