Friday, December 5, 2008

Baked Apples

I'm not even sure this should be considered a recipe, but I promised I'd include it. Baked apples are so easy and I should make them more often.

Baked Apples
4 apples
1/2 c. raisins
2 T. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/3 c. water or apple juice
Butter (optional)

Core the apples and peel a strip from the top of each. (I have to peel the whole thing or the kiddos won't eat them) Place in a casserole dish. Combine the raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; spoon into the centers of each apple. Put a little pat of butter on each if you feel like it. Pour the water or juice in the dish. Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender, basting once in a while if you think about it.

Mmmmm. So delicious and makes your house smell so good. Serve with ice cream for a real treat!

No comments: