Thursday, December 11, 2008

Chocolate Mousse

This recipe comes straight from the back of the Hershey's cocoa box. It can be made in less than ten minutes and is great for entertaining on a whim. I was told it would look great with a fresh raspberry and a mint leaf on top. Since I don't have those things just lying around, here is the simple version.


Hershey's Chocolate Mousse

1 envelope unflavored gelatin (Knox brand)
1/4 c. cold water
1/3 c. boiling water
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. cold whipping cream
2/3 c. dark or regular cocoa

Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small bowl; let stand 2 minutes. Add boiling water, stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool slightly.

Combine sugar and cocoa in a large bowl; add heavy cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed of mixer until mixture is stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture; beat until blended. Refrigerate 30 minutes.

This is my nephew's dish after he was done. I think he liked it.

No comments: