I certainly don't make the best pie crust on earth, but I try and try to get it better each time. Let's be real here... of course it is easier to buy the kind that's pre-made, but have you read the ingredients? I use a basic recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. Flour, salt, water, and Crisco. Here's my secret ingredient... vinegar. If you aren't familiar with this trick, simply add a teaspoon or so of vinegar when you add the water to your pie crust dough.
This year I spent some time making pie crusts in advance and put them in the freezer. Here you can see I did it back in September. It was one less thing to do before Thanksgiving.
I really don't enjoy cleaning up... (who does?) I line my counter with wax paper and tape it down. Then I use another piece on top of the crust to roll it out. No mess!
This year I got all the spices ready for the pies and put them in storage bags in the pie plates I was using. This saved a little time. I'd love to hear your tricks and tips for pie crust!

No comments:
Post a Comment