Monday, December 1, 2008

Homemade noodles

If this isn't a picture of pure deliciousness, I'm not sure what is... Turkey soup with homemade noodles. A great use for leftovers.


Never-Fail Egg Noodles
  • 1 egg plus 3 yolks
  • 3 T. cold water
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 c. flour plus more for kneading
  • 2 tsp. parsley (I used dried)

In a bowl, beat egg and yolks until light and fluffly. Add water and salt. Mix well. Stir in flour and parsley. Turn onto a floured surface, knead until smooth. Divide into thirds.


Roll out each to about 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into desired width. Cook immediately in boiling water or broth for 7-9 minutes.


Here is the soup ready to serve. I threw in the leftover turkey just after the noodles were done cooking. This makes all canned soup seem like salt and water. Yuck. Everyone enjoyed it and we ate it with homemade granola bar things... I'll post that next.

*I'm not going into details of making the turkey soup... I dumped all the turkey bones into a big pot, added onions, carrots, celery, some broth and water. Then I left to go shopping for four or five hours while my husband watched the kids and the pot. I drained all the gunk out and put it in the fridge overnight. I skimmed off the top layer of grossness and added carrots, the noodles and turkey.

No comments: