Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oreo Truffles

I am so glad I tried this Oreo Truffle recipe that I found on Recipezaar. You can find the recipe by clicking HERE. If the link doesn't work, let me know and I'll be happy to help. Please please please make these! They are time consuming, but it doesn't have to all be done the same day, and the end result is spectacular. Just look at some of the reviews on the website... they speak for themselves.


You basically combine a package of crushed Oreos (food processor for sure) with a package of cream cheese and a little vanilla. It looks kinda gross at this point.

Then you roll them into little balls and place them on a cookie sheet. I used my Pampered Chef mini scoop and was able to make 46 in one batch. The scoop makes it SOOOOOOOO much easier. Again, not looking too appetizing yet.

After they chill awhile (I had mine in overnight), you melt some chocolate and dunk them in. I had the best luck rolling them with a spoon and then using a fork to tap off the excess chocolate. You can use candy melts, chocolate chips, whatever. I used some Almond Bark that you can find at Walmart. It has nothing to do with almonds, and it is usually less expensive. My mom taught me to add a little Crisco into the chocolate when melting it... I do that in the microwave. Also, FYI, I didn't use nearly the amount of chocolate called for in the recipe.

I sprinkled some crushed candy canes on half of the truffles because I had some on hand. For the rest I melted the while chocolate and put into a disposable pastry bag. (You can find those in the craft section)

Did I mention that they taste really good too? I had to try a few... You know, the ones that don't look suitable for gift giving. I think the only downfall is that they have to be refrigerated.

No comments: