If you're having an impromptu brunch, as I am tomorrow, you can whip up some of these Spinach Puffs in no time... They freeze well, can be reheated, etc. etc. etc.
Spinach Cheese Puffs (Tiropetes)6 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
5 oz. feta cheese crumbles (Substitute more Monterey Jack if you don't like Feta)
10 oz. pkg. spinach, thawed and well drained
2 eggs
1/4 c. chopped onion
pepper
2 pkgs. Phyllo shells (I use Athens brand)
Mix it all up in a big bowl. Fill the shells. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

These are the shells that I use. You'll need two boxes.

Keep them right in the plastic packaging while you fill them. Keeps things neat.

Bake them and refrain from eating them all. Try one just to make sure they're ok.

*Sometimes you'll have extra filling. I usually bake it in a small dish. I think the original recipe called for using the Phyllo sheets and rolling into triangles. You sure can do it that way, but it takes a while longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment