Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Fruit and Cheese Kabobs

More of a blueprint than a recipe... These are always a hit at any gathering. I didn't include a picture of the dip that goes with it because it just looks like a bowl of yogurt. You can make these the night before you serve them, but not too much longer or the strawberries will "bleed" onto the cheese.

Fruit and Cheese Kabobs with dipping sauce
1 pint strawberries, halved
1 1/2 c. green grapes
8 oz pkg. Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
8 oz pkg. cheddar cheese, cubed
1 c. vanilla yogurt
1/2 c. sour cream
2 T. honey
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Thread the fruit and cheese on the skewers. I put a blackberry on the end because I felt like it. I used Colby Jack and Mozzarella cheeses because I have learned in past that you MUST use soft cheese and I wasn't taking any chances. For the dip, combine the yogurt with the sour cream, honey and cinnamon. It tastes best when made the day before. This will make about 15 or so skewers, depending on who is in the kitchen with you sampling the ingredients.

No comments: